Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Quick and Dirty

It is 12:48am on June 17th 2010, which means.......I am 30!!!!!! For better or for worse this is where i am in my life now whether i like it or not. i choose both. liking it and not liking it that is. two weeks ago i made the decision to break up with a man that i love more than anything, but it turns out that we want different things in life which was actually not a surprise to me. in hingsight i guess i always knew that our relationship came with a expiration date. ask me if that made things easier. NO. it did not. i do think (hope) the hardest part is over, all the tears tear tears. i do not want to start dating yet but i am ready to keep on going on with my life. go me. has anyone seen the movie "julie and julia"? i watched that movie with my mom - whom i live with - just the other night. we both liked it. shocking you may think. well, the julie lady in the movie is in a job that she hates but she needs and it pay the bills, similary i can relate. she just turns thirty in the movie and is semi-lost about her career. relating again. she has a (according to the movie version) wonderful husband, cannot relate.
this may be the first time reading my blog for some people for others they may be thinking, hey it's about time we've been telling you forever to start writing again!!
well, let me explain two things. first, i will not lie, i am a bit of a narcissist and don't hate the attention. second, the reason it has taken me so long to get back into writing/blogging is because i always felt like i needed a topic/theme/plot what have you. and with my new found decade now freshly upon me i guess i found my default topic.....me. well, duh!! you would think. to which i would have responded, who the hell wants to hear about my life. and to which i would answer, i still don't know. but, in this day and age i figure as long as i keep it about myself and my life and my goals and take it a day/year at a time i just might find a fan or two.
and that ladies and gentlemen is the topic/theme. here we are day one, just turned 30 an hour ago. i live with my mom, i am three credit hours away from my associates degree, i LOVE knitting, i LOVE painting, these are things i would like to make a living doing somehow. but, i also know i have to be practical. so, my goal for year one in this "new blog" is to finish my associate degree. baby steps you know, i only have six months till the end of the year and according to just about everyone of my smart ass friends (who i absolutly could not live without!!) i need to take it easy in my new fragile state. HA!
so the story will continue from here but please go back and read my old blogs, some of them are pretty good i think. oh, and i have to admit that i did finally try sushi. i was feeling exceptionally brave one night at sumo. stay tuned! and please please please leave feed back. i want to hear it all. good, bad, and down right nasty. tell a friend to read also. i'm on facebook and so is my knitting sight. The Pattern Pub. look it up.
HAPPY FUCKING 30TH TO ME!!!! HOLY SHIT!

1 comment:

Randy Heise said...

I will read everything you write!! I like the subject matter you always come up with and it reads like YOU are actually talking to the person which is nice. Very down to earth and engaging. I had always heard about when you hit the dirty 30's your body instantly breaks down a bit.....it was true, I was like holy shiz....the hangovers are worse, the recovery from sports and booze take longer.....and we are only a 3rd of a way through of lives!! WTF mate!! Can't wait to celebrate with you this weekend. I was honored to get an invite and lord knows me and sis haven't been on a road trip in a while. I've very much interested to see how you blog about your 30's.....I'm 4 years in and I am NOT the person I was in my 20's by far. I've always commented that I'm not wired for marriage and kids, and yet....it seems like a switch is slowing being flipped for me. The majority of my friends are just now getting married and having kids...there are a few that have teenagers and I like to go root their kids on at sports functions.....I think that is what is flipping the switch......kinda would be cool to mentor/couch a kid in something....this concept is just so foriegn to me.....I didn't have the best family support group growing up, maybe that has something to do with it...being around actual functioning families is showing me a life I never though possible. Ok, enough with the Randy insights.....I can't wait to read more about yours. Later gater!! (wow this writing thing is so theraputic......)