Sunday, April 19, 2009

So earlier tonight on facebook i set my status to say, "i want to blog tonight and i'm looking for a topic. suggestions?" well, due to the overwhelming response of two people (it was rather late when i posted it so i'm really not trying to be snarky :) i will definitely address the topics they brought up. first, one of my absolute dearest friends, sarah fellows-oaks, wished that i should let everyone know what an amazing friend she is to me. since i couldn't agree more i will now state it for all to know that infact sarah fellows-oaks is probably one of the best friends a person could ask for. i met sarah Jan. of 01. that was when i started working at chili's. we hit it off instantly if i recall. sarah and i have been through some rough times, i won't get into her personal specifics but i'd like to think that i was there for her during a rough patch and she was definitely there for me through all of mine. we've also had our own personal rough times. i remember coming home from KC once when we were roommates to find my room in disaray and more then a couple pairs of my shoes thrown up into a tree. details aside and in hindsight, i now realize that what she did she did out of love. i was about to make a huge mistake and in her own unique way she stopped me from doing that. lately i've had a fallen out with another person i considered a really close friend, and in light of what's been happening in my life i've come to realize that the friendships i have are incredibly important to me. so, sarah, you may have been joking when you said that i should blog about how awesome you are but, the truth is you have always been a true friend to me. you have always been honest with me even when i didn't want to hear it and you did it in a way that was tactful. i honestly feel like i can be myself around you and not have to fake anything. i am truely grateful for your friendship. thank you, and i love you.

moving on from all that sappy stuff :) my friend randy also had a few suggestions for me that i will address one at a time.
1) as far as writing another short story goes i plan on doing it. i wish i had more time to sit and write but it's hard for me to write unless "inspiration" strikes or i'm at work or class when i don't have the proper time to give it what i need.
2) uh, here's a fun fact. since i've started working at the library i've come to realize that you can check out movies and cd's. i guess in a way i've always known this but the great thing about it now is that you can check out up to 8 cd's for free, burn/download them to your computer and burn/download them to your ipod or whatever. all for free if you get them returned on time. um....AWESOME. what a money saver. i started a list of holds for cd's i want that i don't have to buy. i really love the pop folk music like james morrison, amos lee, and ray lamontagne so if anyone has any suggestions i'd love to hear them!
3) as far as dog stories go, matt just adopted a new puppie from the cowley county humane society. his name is chuck and he is an absolute doll. we don't know what the father was but the mother was an australian sheep herder, so naturally we gave him an australian accent mate. he is pretty much scared of everything at this point but he's is slowly coming around. i'll post some pictures of him on facebook soon.
4) i am crazy excited for my upcoming hiking trip. however, i am crazy out of shape still. i thought i would be in a better workout routine by now but alas i still have not developed one. matt is thinking we should hike about 15 miles a day, which is reasonable, except for the fact that i may die. i need to seriously get ready for this trip. we're planning a trip to colorado to do some hiking/camping which i think will give me a good indicator as to where i am physically. i am not looking forward to the results.

when i started this i had a lot more energy, but as it is i'm wiped. so i will leave you all with a few thoughts. while i like/love my job i wouldn't turn down anything that is full time, benefits a plus, and of course pays well. i have many skills, let me know if you know of anything.
i also bartend for weddings or other events, if anyone needs that particular set of skills.

as always, i love getting feed back so please let me know what you think, what you want to hear or not hear. thanks for reading, i really will try harder to do this more often. now upon saying that it will probably be months before i'm back. NO! i refuse. oh, one last thought. i'm planning on keeping a daily journal for my trip starting with the trip to colorado over memorial weekend. i will do my best to keep that updated. i also told matt that he has to remind/force me to write something everyday so if i do fail it's really his fault. :) ha.

loves,
Camille

2 comments:

Randy Heise said...

A life observation I've had in regards to friends....some come and go, but the real ones......they are always there and will be. You might not see them for years, but when you do, you can pick up right where you left off. Just one of the many observations I've made in this crazy thing we call life. I could go deeper into the constant battle of fate vs determinism (ie is our fate already planned out or do we have free will to choose our direction, who comes into it, out etc......or maybe is it a battle of both?) but alas, the insomnia seems to be subsiding and I need to somehow force myself to sleep. Loved your answers to the suggestions. After my last hike where My groinish area was sore, like where the leg fits the hip is the best way I can describe it, the advice I have is to do some serious stair master.....Can't wait to see the journal!!

Unknown said...

Awww that was so nice of you!! You have definately been there for me through some rough times, more then just the one you spoke about. And I do still owe you some shoes don't I :)