Thursday, August 19, 2010

Let's have a Quickie!!

Ok, I know I haven't been keeping up with my blog as much as I should be lately, let me try and explain. I feel that to blog is to put yourself out there for the world (of the 97 views I've had since I started this thing 2 years ago, ouch) to see. I have no idea who reads my blog since I have very few people leave comments. Recently, I have ran into two people that I haven't seen in a long time who told me how much they love my blog. Shout out to Kelsey W. and Kristen E.!! People, please please please find some way to leave some feedback for me. Leave it on Facebook if you have to. Even if it's just, "I read your blog and it was awful!" At least then I'll know. :)
So, the last few months, or ever since I broke up Matt, have been really personal and full of a lot of highs and lows. I don't always know how to write about that sort of thing, being vulnerable isn't really my style. So why not just stick to the funny you ask, well if you read my last blog you might have noticed that my comedy style is a little mean spirited. I wouldn't want to alienate too many of my loyal fans. :) Basically, what I'm saying is that I've delt with some personal stuff this summer, and I am ready to continue on with my life and move forward come hell or high water! Do you know what would be really helpful though? FEEDBACK! I'm begging you. Tell me what you like about my blog other then it breaks up your work day. Which I can totally understand. And believe me I start work at a highschool next week so I'm sure I'll have all kinds of dumbass kid stories coming for you soon. But, let me know what you like and/or don't like. Oh, also if you have a minute you should check out my Etsy page at www.thepatternpub.etsy.com. Shameless self promoting is not above me.
That's about all I have for tonight, I will work on getting back to the funny as soon as possible. Till then, feedback, feedback, feedback!
And a big thank you for reading this in the first place!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you ever read The
Bible?

also, what do you think of this song?

Randy Heise said...

I don't think it was mean spirited humor....ok I can be deranged from time to time, so maybe I shouldn't state an opinion....but I do look forward to dumb ass kid stories...also about how they hit on you....now THAT will be funny to hear from you. I do love your blogs and since I comment on every one, that's no secret....I also feel they are better way to get to know the real you. You have a gift when it comes to the written word and to put it simply, words can not describe how amazing it is to me that you do consistently put your self out there for the world to read. As loud and boistrous as I can be from time to time, there is no way I could open up and truly share myself with the world. NO way....I'm too weak and frankly I admire your strength in doing so. Plus, it's always good to break it up some. You can't tell ALL the blogs humorously.....that's not real life....everyone has highs and lows. That being said, it is fun to see how you put the humorous spin on some of them. HA HA. Till next blog, take care and I hope for only the best for you.

jeff said...

As I was told in a email concerning telescopes ""I don't know nothing about nothing." Dallas Cowboys' WR Michael Irvin when he was caught in a motel room with a stripper/prostitute." What does that have to do with your blog, you ask? Not a damn thing, dude that wrote it is bat shit crazy. But, Jeff......You say, what does this have to do with me? Nothing, just a little stream of consciousness to get me into comment writing mode. So are you building up to one huge long post that will tie together your stand up comedy, your novice guitar playing, your quest for the never ending Dexter television series and the back of that one dude's legs peddling the bicycle? You may only have 97 hits today, but tomorrow the state of Kansas! Then America! Then the world! You know, this is how Mussolini got his start. On the other hand, he ended up hanging from a light pole. Ok, bad example. Moving on. Personally, I think writing would be a damn near perfect job. Sitting at home typing on the couch, in your underwear. P.J O'rourke has made a pretty good living doing just that. Although what he was doing on your couch in your underwear I have no idea. Is this thing on? Ok, there's a paragraph of a comment for you. Essentially saying nothing, but it's the effort that counts right? Ok, then. Where's your next post? I'M WAITING.